Parade of the 'Horribles'
A large crowd is gathered on July 4 on Lyon Street to watch the parade of the 'Horribles.' They are dressed in costume, some ride horses, and a constructed elephant stands in the middle of the street. At the left is the County Building, built in 1860 at Lyon and Kent St., the pillared house behind it belonged to Judge George Martin, built on Prospect Hill, and the Chubb house is to its right.
|Title||Parade of the 'Horribles'|
Title by GRPL.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids, MI|
|Collection||Guy Johnston Co., #66-1-33, History & Special Collections Dept.|
Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image is available from Grand Rapids History & Special Collections, Archives, Grand Rapids Public Library, Grand Rapids, MI.
|Institution||Grand Rapids Public Library|
|Physical Storage Location||Grand Rapids, MI|