Hall School Memorial
The large boulder was placed at the corner of Grandville Ave. and Hall St. as a memorial to Elizabeth L. Morrisey, principal of Hall Street School, after her death in 1918, by the Patrons' Club, alumni, and students of Hall School. There was a drinking fountain attached which was "iced during the summer months the same as many other public drinking fountains." This view of the school looks west and the tall, narrow building in the distance was the J. Morgan Smith Memorial Church, built in 1887, rebuilt in 1912, and still stands in 2008.
|Title||Hall School Memorial|
Title by Cataloger.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids, MI|