loading background

Grand Rapids in 1856

Scene of early Grand Rapids viewed from the...

Removal of Addition to the D. A. Blodgett Home (2)

Removal of Addition to the D. A. Blodgett Home (2)


After the removal of the Mary Free Bed addition, the front of the former D. A. Blodgett Home for Children shows the original building at the left and right of the photo where a portion of the inscription, just below the roof-line, can be read. The missing original porch and pillars of the central section have exposed some of the interior with graffiti visible on walls. Some windows have been partially or completely boarded. The pile of rubble in the foreground remains after the removal of the addition.


Full Details

TitleRemoval of Addition to the D. A. Blodgett Home (2)

Title by cataloger. The original porch and pillars were removed in the 1950s when the addition was constructed.

Location In PhotoGrand Rapids

Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image is available from ICCF (Inner City Christian Federation), 920 Cherry St. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506.

Physical Storage LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Like Us on Facebook
site by GRCMC