Memorial Fire Bell
GRHC - 2007
The Memorial Fire Bell, mounted on a brick pedestal, is located on Pearl St. at the Public Museum of Grand Rapids which can be seen in the background. The plaque beneath the bell reads: "The Memorial Bell, First Tolled in 1878 as a Call to Action, The fire fighters of Grand Rapids Local 366 present this bell to the citizens of our community. Let it stand forever as a tribute to all fire fighters who have served and to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. May 7, 1995"
|Title||Memorial Fire Bell|
Title by cataloger.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids|
|Collection||Grand Rapids Historical Commission|