Spirit of Solidarity Monument Before Unveiling
GRHC - 2007
The Spirit of Solidarity monument stands covered within its circular enclosure prior to the dedication and unveiling. The pavement of the entry in the foreground is made of bricks with the names of donating individuals and organizations etched into the surface, and three bronze plaques can be seen which name donors. The view looks northwest toward the Gerald R. Ford Museum and Library.
|Title||Spirit of Solidarity Monument Before Unveiling|
Title by cataloger. The dedication of the monument to organized labor took place April 19, 2007 on the 96th anniversary of the 1911 Furniture Strike in Grand Rapids. It is located on Pearl St. at the entrancd to the Ford Museum. The figures were carved and cast by Roberto Chenlo. The project was the work of the Labor Heritage Society of West Michigan.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids|
|Collection||Grand Rapids Historical Commission|