Spirit of Solidarity Monument
Grand Rapids Historical Commission - 2007
Three larger than life bronze figures, two men and one woman, dressed in the style of the early nineteenth century. One man wears a hat and the other holds his hat in his left hand. The woman wears a long dress and carries a large bag. The statues are place on free-form shape suspended just over the pool which is sunk below ground. Water cascades down the sides and lights are visible beneath the water. A wide rim surrounds the monument which is set in a circle with seating around the edge. Cars in the parking lot of the Gerald R. Form Presidential Museum and Library can be seen in the background.
|Title||Spirit of Solidarity Monument|
|Creator||Grand Rapids Historical Commission|
Title by cataloger. The dedication of the monument to organized labor took place April 19, 2007 on the 96th anniversary of the 1911 Furniture Strike in Grand Rapids. It is located on Pearl St. at the entrancd to the Ford Museum. The project was the work of the Labor Heritage Society of West Michigan. The figures were carved and cast by Roberto Chenlo.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids|
|Collection||Grand Rapids Historical Commission|