City Lighting Plant
The city lighting plant was built in 1899 on the east bank of the Grand River. This view shows the building facing west. The brick building has large arched windows in the section on the right of the photo, and the section on the left shows windows on two levels. A very tall smoke stack is at the rear of the building.
|Title||City Lighting Plant|
Title by cataloger. Photograph from the 1899-1900 Grand Rapids Annual Report of City Departments. For a diagram of the plant and interior photos see other images in the online archive under the subject heading, Street Lighting.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids|
|Collection||Community Archives and Research Center (CARC),|
Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image is available from Community Archives and Research Center (CARC), Grand Rapids, MI
|Institution||Community Archives and Research Center (CARC),|
|Physical Storage Location||Grand Rapids|