Cortland County Courthouse, New York
The second Cortland County Courthouse was built in 1836-1838, replacing the first courthouse that was situated on the side of a hill. The reason for the new structure was that lawyers and judges grew weary of trudging up the hillside. The building was remodeled in 1884 and stood until it burned in 1924.
|Title||Cortland County Courthouse, New York|
|Location In Photo||Cortland County Courthouse, Church Street, Cortland, New York|
|Collection||Cortland County Historical Society|