Street Railway Company's East Street Station
The station, located on East Street, now Eastern Avenue, provided a covered porch for its waiting passengers. Two horse-drawn steetcars are depicted in the foreground and one at the far left is leaving the station. A sign on the shed-type building next to the waiting platform reads "Entrance" indicating that the cars pull under the shed for passengers to board the cars. A water tank stands at the right of the picture.
In the lower right corner is the name of the artist, Miss Maud W. Northrop, an artist listed in the 1889 Grand Rapids city directory.