The Gray Ladies of the American Red Cross
The Grand Rapids "Gray Ladies" in the gray uniforms with white collars and cuffs are:
Top row: Bernice Plaski, Ms. Barnes, Ms. Sabali, Ms. Frindley, Gladys Knudson, Marjorie Hendricks, Pat Marcellus, Ms. VanDusen, & Ms. Grabler
Bottom row: Ginny Meeker, Ms. Suxford, Jean Burne, Irene Endeas, Ms. Cameroon, Carol Seeley, Edna Hollenbeck, Ms. Grabler
The names of Theresa Beyer & Gladys Hillson are also included.
|Title||The Gray Ladies of the American Red Cross|
|Format||Photograph: Posted January 27, 2014|
The "Gray Ladies", a volunteer group of the American Red Cross, which was founded in 1918 at Walter Reed Army Hospital, provided non-medical care. The members, in their gray uniform with white collars and cuffs, were affectionately known as Gray Ladies to the wounded soldiers.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids MI|