1910 Oldsmobile Fire Engine
Three firemen sit in the fire engine, three stand on the rear, and some others observe. Ladders are attached at the right side of the vehicle, and two equipment cases are attached below. It has large tires which appear to be white. The open doors of the Engine House #10, which was located at Hall and Ionia SW, can be seen behind the engine.
|Title||1910 Oldsmobile Fire Engine|
The following information supplied by retired firefighter, Captain Robert Imhoff. The 1910 Oldsmobile fire engine, the fire department's first motorized machine, originally belonged to Hose Company #5 when it was new. In the photograph the machine, then belonging to Hose #10, is parked in front of Engine House #10. The building, although modified, is still there. It was a police precinct after the engine company went to their new station at Brown and Division in 1926.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids MI|
|Collection||Coll. #54-8-10, History & Special Collections Dept.|
Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image is available from Grand Rapids History & Special Collections, Archives, Grand Rapids Public Library, Grand Rapids, MI
|Institution||Grand Rapids Public Library|
|Physical Storage Location||Grand Rapids Public Library, Main Branch|