Squier's Opera Hall
The three story opera house has the business of Dr. Elmer Woodruff, Botanic Physician, on the first floor, and the Mill Office at the left side. Several entrances appear on either side of the physician's sign along Canal Street. The second and third floor have evenly spaced windows along the front and side of the building. A horse-drawn carriage of the time period is pictured on the street.
|Title||Squier's Opera Hall|
|Format||Etching printed in Baxter's History of Grand Rapids|
Title by Institution. The Squier's Opera Hall was built in 1859 on the west side of Canal St. midway between Erie and Bridge by John W. Squier. It was destroyed by fire in 1872. The hall was used for several types of entertainment in addition to opera.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids|
|Collection||Photograph Coll. 18, Grand Rapids History & Special Collections|
Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image is available from Grand Rapids History & Special Collections, Archives, Grand Rapids Public Library, Grand Rapids, MI
|Institution||Grand Rapids Public Library|
|Physical Storage Location||Grand Rapids|