Canal and Lyon Corner
A street scene of the west side of Canal St.(now Monroe) from the corner of Lyon down to Pearl St. where Sweets Hotel has become the Pantlind Hotel, identified by the sign on the roof. Early automobiles line the street, but a horse can be seen on the far right on Lyon St. and perhaps another on Canal. Telephone lines run above the street and at the far left edge a power pole holds a single wire. Trolley tracks run down Canal St. and one set turns onto Lyon. The Kent County Savings Bank, 21 Canal St., is on the corner and a Noble Photos sign is above the second floor of the bank building.
|Title||Canal and Lyon Corner|
Title by cataloger. The date is determined by the style of automobile, the identification of the Pantlind Hotel, and the location of Noble Photos. In 1912 the old Pantlind Hotel was replaced with a new building.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids, MI|
|Collection||Grand Rapids History and Special Collections, Photograph Archives|
Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image is available from Grand Rapids History & Special Collections, Archives, Grand Rapids Public Library, Grand Rapids, MI
|Institution||Grand Rapids Public Library|
|Physical Storage Location||Grand Rapids Public Library, Main Branch|