Northwest Corner Lyon and Ransom
Schuyler C. Baldwin - 1870s
This view was taken from the tower of the High School located the SE corner of Ransom and Lyon, looks over the Grand River and the West Side. The large house in the center was built in 1858 by David S. Leavitt from river stone from the Grand River, and the walls would have looked similar to those of St. Mark's Church. The house is raised on three tiers separated by low retaining walls. The Bridge St. Bridge is visible where it crosses the river.
|Title||Northwest Corner Lyon and Ransom|
|Creator||Schuyler C. Baldwin|
Title by cataloger. For many years from 1872 onward the house was owned by Julius C. Denison and then his widow, Cornelia, and son, Arthur.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids|
|Collection||Thomas R. Dilley|