First United Methodist Church
Schuyler C. Baldwin - 1872-73
The Neogothic church, facing N. Division at the corner of Fountain, was completed in 1869. Its steeple and tall spires give height to the building. The windows have rounded arches at the top rather than pointed arches more typical of the Neogothic style, although the pediment above completes the point. There is a large window over the door with a rose window set at the top.
|Title||First United Methodist Church|
|Creator||Schuyler C. Baldwin|
Title by cataloger. The Keeler Building currently stands on this site, and First United Methodist Church is now located at the NE corner of E. Fulton and Barclay. The photograph is dated by the absence of Fountain St. church, which would soon be built at Fountain and Bostwick, just east of First Methodist.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids|
|Collection||Thomas R. Dilley|