Looking Northwest from Reservoir Hill
Schuyler C. Baldwin - 1872-1874
The view from Reservoir Hill, now Belknap Park, shows the Leonard St. covered bridge crossing the Grand River. The North Ionia St. School, located between Walbridge and Coldbrook, is the large building at the far right. Several houses are situated in the area around the school and along area adjacent to the river on the west side.
|Title||Looking Northwest from Reservoir Hill|
|Creator||Schuyler C. Baldwin|
The photograph has been dated by the absence of the Water Works, completed in 1874 and visible in a later photo of the same area (see photo at the right in Related Items), and the completion of the N. Ionia School in 1872.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids, MI|
|Collection||Thomas R. Dilley|