Park Congregational Church and the View South
Schuyler C. Baldwin - 1880 ca.
The camera looks directly south from the tower of the High School (the bottom of the photograph includes a portion of the ledge). First Congregational Church (now Park Congragational), is at the right, across from the park. Directly below, running behind the church is Ransom St., which ends at E. Fulton St. The large Italianate home in the lower right corner, at the SW corner of Ransom and Fountain, was the home, in 1872, of Elias Matter of the Nelson, Matter Furniture Co. The street at the top left, running into the distance is Jefferson.
|Title||Park Congregational Church and the View South|
|Creator||Schuyler C. Baldwin|
Title by cataloger.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids MI|
|Collection||Thomas R. Dilley|