View of N. Ionia St. School and Grand River from Reservoir Hill
Schuyler C. Baldwin - 1874 ca.
The view from Reservoir Hill, now Belknap Park, shows the Leonard St. covered bridge crossing the Grand River, which has a number of logs floating downstream toward Lake Michigan. Near the center, with the tall stack, is the early water plant erected in 1874, the same year that the reservoir was completed. The North Ionia St. School, located between Walbridge and Coldbrook, is in the lower left corner.
|Title||View of N. Ionia St. School and Grand River from Reservoir Hill|
|Creator||Schuyler C. Baldwin|
Title by cataloger.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids, MI|
|Collection||Thomas R. Dilley|