East Fulton Street Hill
Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce - 1897
Four homes in the 400 block of East Fulton Street are pictured in this 1897 photograph. The home at the far left belonged to the Gorham family, the one second from the left was the Howard home, the one behind the trees was the Richard home, later replaced by the home of Charles Sligh, and the home on the far right, with the wrap-around porch, belonged to Anton Hodenpyl at the time of the photograph; it was later replaced by the Robert Irwin home.
|Title||East Fulton Street Hill|
|Creator||Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce|
|Format||Photograph from Chamber of Commerce publication, Grand Rapids|
Title from collection. The main bragging point of the Chamber of Commerce at the time was, Grand Rapids as the “Furniture City”, and this image was considered an excellent tool to promote the community.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids, MI.|
|Collection||Coll. #46-14-102, History & Special Collections Dept.|
Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image is available from Grand Rapids History & Special Collections, Archives, Grand Rapids Public Library, Grand Rapids, MI.
|Institution||Grand Rapids Public Library|
|Physical Storage Location||Grand Rapids, MI|