George Welsh Civic Auditorium
Jack Ropoleski - 1979
The northwest view of the Civic Auditorium, facing Lyon St., was taken during the construction of DeVos Performance Hall on Monroe Ave. adjacent to the Auditorium. The fencing and construction materials along Lyon St. are for the DeVos building.
|Title||George Welsh Civic Auditorium|
Title from image. The Civic Auditorium, designed by local architects Robinson & Campau, was built during 1931-32, and Owens-Ames-Kimball were the contractors. The design was a combination of Renaissance and Art Deco elements. The building was renamed George Welsh Civic Auditorium in honor of City Manager George Welsh who was the main driver behind its construction during the depression.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids, MI|