Bridge St. Bridge, Northeast view
Jack Ropoleski - 1979
The size of the concrete arches to support the new bridge can be seen in this photo. The Post Office, identified by its vertical structures along the front and part of the side, stands next to the river, and to its right the Olds Manor, the former Rowe Hotel.
|Title||Bridge St. Bridge, Northeast view|
Title from image. The Bridge St. Bridge, the first for vehicles across the Grand River, was a timber and plank construction on a stone foundation built in 1845. A second bridge was built in 1852 but burned six years later when a new bridge was constructed. A wrought iron bridge was built in 1884, replaced in 1906 by a concrete bridge that lasted until 1979.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids, MI|