St. Adalbert Church
The first St. Adalbert Church, a wooden structure, has a central entry topped by a tall steeple. A picket fence borders the property.
|Title||St. Adalbert Church|
The church was founded by the city's first Polish immigrants. The current Basilica of St. Adalbert occupies the same property as the first church, but faces Davis Ave. The original church faced Fourth St. During the construction of the Basilica in 1907, the first church was moved to face Davis Ave. In 1914 it was dismantled and rebuilt in Belmont, Michigan. For a photograph of the church see the link, St Adalbert's and Assumption in Belmont, in the photo essay, A Tale of Two Cities: Trzemeszno, Poland & Grand Rapids.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids, MI|