Cathedral and School, Trzemeszno, Poland, pre-1926
The view from looks at the northwest part of the Cathedral of the Assumption of our Lady and St. Adalbert, with its two towers and large dome, on the left. and the school (gymnasium in German) is on the right.
|Title||Cathedral and School, Trzemeszno, Poland, pre-1926|
Until the 16 century one large tower was situated a bit behind the present towers and between them. When the tower collapsed the monks decided to build 2 smaller towers. They are located in the western part of the church. The church needs some renovation. There is water in the basement and some destruction of the walls. Some money for repair work has been received from the Ministry of Culture. There are plans to open the underground to the public in the future, but that depends on receiving more funds.
|Location In Photo||Trzemeszno, Poland|
Permission granted by the Trzemeszno Historical Monument Lovers