View from E. Bridge St. Hill
This early photograph shows, in the left upper center, two of the islands in the Grand River. Just below the islands the outline of Prospect Hill, covered with homes, can be seen. The large multi-storied building in the center of the photo is the Nelson, Matter Furniture Factory. Behind the steeple of the German Evangelical Lutheran Church, in the right foreground, is the Pearl St. covered bridge. At the far right is the North Division St. School with scaffolding around the bell tower. The future Butterworth Hospital will be located just east of the sand pile at the left of East Bridge St. which became Michigan Ave in 1912.
|Title||View from E. Bridge St. Hill|
Title by cataloger.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids, MI|
|Collection||Coll. #33,, History & Special Collections Dept., Archives, Grand Rapids Public Library|
Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image is available from Grand Rapids History & Special Collections, Archives, Grand Rapids Public Library, Grand Rapids, MI
|Institution||Grand Rapids Public Library|
|Physical Storage Location||Grand Rapids, MI|