Demolition of Bridge St. Wrought Iron Bridge
The wrought iron bridge, opened in 1884, was replaced by a concrete bridge in 1906. This view looks toward the west bank of the Grand River, and in the foreground is a temporary bridge. At the right of the photo is the firm of Adams & Hart advertising engines, carriages, and bicycles plus other items, and the Star Mills Co. is located just south of the bridge. The West Side Iron Works can be seen as well as the steeple of the Swedish Bethlehem Lutheran Church. The steeple at the right is where St. John's Lutheran Church once stood.
|Title||Demolition of Bridge St. Wrought Iron Bridge|
Title by cataloger.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids, MI|
|Collection||Coll. #33,, History & Special Collections Dept., Archives, Grand Rapids Public Library|
Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image is available from Grand Rapids History & Special Collections, Archives, Grand Rapids Public Library, Grand Rapids, MI
|Institution||Grand Rapids Public Library|
|Physical Storage Location||Grand Rapids, MI|