Cesar E. Chavez Elementary School, Hall School Memorial Rock
GRHC - 2009
The large boulder was placed at the corner of Grandville Ave. and Hall St. as a memorial to Elizabeth L. Morrisey, principal of Hall Street School, after her death in 1918, by the Patrons' Club, alumni, and students of Hall School. The rock also stood on the grounds of the Hall School built in 1955, and has now been installed at the 2009 building which has been named for Cesar E. Chavez. The hole in the center of the boulder remians from a drinking fountain that was installed in the original memorial.
|Cesar E. Chavez Elementary School, Hall School Memorial Rock
Title by cataloger.
|Location In Photo
|Grand Rapids, MI