Fire Brigade, Wolverine Co. #3
Members of the volunteer fire company, wearing their fire helmets, pose with their hand-operated fire engine. Charles Belknap, holding a trumpet, is at the far left. Shops in the background are at Campau Square, and a horse and carriage waits at the curb. A.D. Rathbun stand next to the horse, and the building at the far left is the Rathbun House. A gas light, installed in 1857, is on the corner at the left of the photo.
|Title||Fire Brigade, Wolverine Co. #3|
Title by cataloger. The Wolverine Co. #3, organized in 1850, was a West Side Company.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids, MI|
|Collection||Coll. #59, James R. Hooper Photograph Coll., History & Special Collections Dept., Archives, Grand Rapids Public Library|
Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image is available from Grand Rapids History & Special Collections, Archives, Grand Rapids Public Library, Grand Rapids, MI
|Institution||Grand Rapids Public Library|
|Physical Storage Location||Grand Rapids, MI|