loading background
view

Grand Rapids in 1856

Scene of early Grand Rapids viewed from the...

History Grand Rapids by the Grand Rapids Historical Commission


Grand Opera House

mouse over to zoom

Grand Opera House

The Grand Opera House, built by T.H. Redmond, celebrated its opening on September 18, 1882, with performances by the Madison Square Theatrical Company. It was one of the three Grand Rapids theaters listed in the 1898 city directory. The name was changed to the Garrick theatre in 1910. (Old # 117-121 Canal)

Full Details

TitleGrand Opera House
Address341 Monroe AVE NW 49503
CreatorFather Dennis Morrow
Also Known AsRedmond's
Locationlocation on map


site by GRCMC