loading background

Grand Rapids in 1856

Scene of early Grand Rapids viewed from the...

Ball's Adelphia

Opened by Smith on October 25, 1875, at 68 Waterloo Street, this theater closed on July 17, 1885, presumably replaced by Smith's Opera House down the street at the corner of Market and Louis. The building was torn down prior to the construction of the Temple Theater on the same site about 1909, which later became the Columbia, again the Temple, and eventually the Savoy.

Full Details

TitleBall's Adelphia
Address78-82 Market AVE NW 49503
CreatorFather Dennis Morrow
Also Known AsAdelphia
Locationlocation on map

Like Us on Facebook
site by GRCMC