See Kent. The Orpheum presented some of the top acts of vaudeville. It was gutted by fire on the night of December 30, 1922, with a loss of $62,000. Vacant in 1929, it was used from March to August of that year by the newly-formed Calvary Undenominational Church. Rev. Martin R. DeHaan had led a majority of his flock from Calvary Reformed Church on Fulton Street to separate from the Reformed Church in America and form an independent congregation. Their first Sunday of worship at the Orpheum, March 10, 1929, the pastor preached to a crowd of 1,100.
|Creator||Father Dennis Morrow|