Brick theater. 1978 owner Old Kent Bank Trust Acct. Dept. Lot size 125' x 141', 17,625 square feet. Building size 100' x 120', 8,750 square feet. Hot water heat, coal fuel. The Four Star was built in 1938 by B & J Theaters, using the same floor plan as the Eastown. Seating capacity was 925. Concrete floor. Air conditioned. 30 off-street parking spaces. Assessed valuation $17,500, asking $39,900. The night club City Lights, owned and operated by Robert A. VanDrunen, closed in March, 1992, and the building was for sale for $295,000 in December, 1992. It was purchased for $200,000 in late 1993 by Rushing Wind Ltd., a non-profit organization founded by executives of Teledial America. They lease the building to the Joy Youth Center for a dollar a year.
|Address||1950 Division AVE S 49507|
|Creator||Father Dennis Morrow|