loading background

Grand Rapids in 1856

Scene of early Grand Rapids viewed from the...



A 2-story brick and stucco theater, 44' x 115.5' on a 50' x 125' lot. Valued at $20,000 when built in 1923. The theater opened in June, 1924. G. Glenn Fleser, who had operated the Crestonette Vaudette down the street, built and operated the Creston jointly with Charlie Callaghan. From at least 1940 through 1966, Harry C. Himelstein and his wife, Eleanor, were the managers of the Creston; they lived at 400 Marywood Drive, N.E.

Full Details

Address1516 Plainfield AVE NE 49505
CreatorFather Dennis Morrow
Locationlocation on map

Like Us on Facebook
site by GRCMC