Corner of Monroe and Division, Then and Now (4)
The 1952 view shows a major change at the intersection of Monroe and Division. The modern Herpolsheimer Department Store has replaced the Porter building. Later, Monroe Ave., which originally met Fulton St. just east of this photo, ended at Division Ave. to create a pedestrian mall at the Civil War Monument. The Herpolsheimer building became an indoor mall for a time, but extensive remodeling transformed it into a building housing government agencies.
no subjects found