Corner of Monroe and Division, Then and Now (1)
This 1888 view shows the Peck Building at the NW corner and one at the far right that still exist with changes that are mostly cosmetic. Awnings, an early form of air-conditioning, were used on most buildings to keep them cool during the heat of the day. Note the new telephone pole being installed just to the right of the intersection, and the early streetlight that hangs in the center of the intersection.
no subjects found