This view of Hall School looks toward the NW and was probably taken shortly after the addition to the original eight-room school in 1899. The building entrance faces east on Grandville Ave.
|Title||Hall Street Public School|
|Current Address||No longer exists|
|Pre 1912 Address||Hall St. & Grandville Ave.|
|Architect||W. G. Robinson|
|Original Use||Public School|
|Information Source||Grand Rapids Board of Education Minutes|
Title by cataloger. The school was demolished in 1956 after the completion of a new school to the south of this building at the corner of Grandville and Shamrock. A third school, named Cesar E. Chavez Elementary, built in 2008 and 2009 at the corner of Grandville Ave. and Hall St. stands almost on the footprint of the 1892 school.