GRHC - 2008
This view looking northwest includes Hall Elementary School, built in 1955-56 on the left, and constrcution of the new school on the right. The construction office located in the trailor sits in front of Hall School and beyond is part of a large red crane. Various trucks, cars and a motorcycle belonging to construction workers are parked around the site. Grandville Ave. is in the foreground.
|Title||Construction of Cesar E. Chavez Elementary School & Hall School|
|Current Address||703 Shamrock SW|
|Pre 1912 Address||Hall St. and Grandville Ave., SW corner|
|Architect||Kingscott Associates, Kalamazoo, MI|
|Contractor||Triangle Construction Co.|
|Original Owner||Grand Rapids Public Schools|
|Original Use||Public school|
Title by cataloger. Photo taken 9/11/2008
This building replaces the former Hall Elementary School, built in 1955-56, at the same location and is the third building on the site. The new building occupies the same position on the property as the original building, built in 1892.