The card commemorating the opening of the new Grand Rapids City Hall on September 26, 1888 shows a view looking northeast with the clock tower in the foreground. It announces vocal music by the Schubert Club, a reception by the mayor and other city officers from 8 to 9:30, and instrumental music both day and evening by Prof. Wellenstein's full orchestra.
|Title||Opening of New City Hall|
|Current Address||Lyon and Ottawa|
|Pre 1912 Address||Lyon and Ottawa|
|Architect||Elijah E. Myers|
|Contractor||W.D. Richardson, Springfield, IL|
|Original Owner||City of Grand Rapids|
|Original Use||City government|
|Information Source||History of the City of Grand Rapids by Albert Baxter|
Title from artifact.
|Collection||Coll. #158, History & Special Collections Dept.|
Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image is available from Grand Rapids History & Special Collections, Archives, Grand Rapids Public Library, Grand Rapids, MI