GRHC - 2008
The initial stages of construction for the new school at the corner of Grandville and Hall SW have advanced. More of the concrete block walls, with steel beams rising above them, have been completed. The view looks northwest across Grandville toward Hall Elementary School at the far left of the photo. A construction worker is again working at the corner on the right rerouting power and utilities, and the large crane continues to loom over the site.
|Title||Construction of Cesar E. Chavez Elementary School, Grandville Ave.|
|Current Address||703 Shamrock SW|
|Pre 1912 Address||Hall St. and Grandville Ave., SW corner|
|Architect||Kingscott Associates, Kalamazoo, MI|
|Contractor||Triangle Construction Co.|
|Original Owner||Grand Rapids Public Schools|
|Original Use||Public school|
Title by Cataloger. Photo taken 8/11/2008
This building replaces the former Hall Elementary School, built in 1955-56, at the same location and is the third building on the site. The new building occupies the same position on the property as the original building, built in 1892.