GRHC - 2008
The large auditorium has the original wooden seats with arm rests connected by cast metal supports. The stage has only a few narrow supports, topped with architectural detail, blocking the view. The walls feature decorative embellishments. On either side of the stage are emergency exit doors. The large white apparatus that hangs above the stage conceals stage lights. On the left side of the stage is an American flag, stairs to the proscenium, and a piano on the floor.
|Title||Iroquois Middle School - Auditorium and Stage|
|Current Address||1050 Iroquois Dr. SE|
|Architect||Henry H. Turner|
|Original Owner||Grand Rapids Public Schools|
|Original Use||Public school|
Title by Cataloger:
Iroquois Middle School closed in 2005. In December of 2008 it was purchased by the Grand Rapids Christian Schools. Whether the building will be remodeled and used as a consolidated elementary school or demolished has not been determined.
The building was demolished in 2009.