GRHC - 2008
This classroom has school desks and chairs as well as a table in the foreground. The floor is hardwood and there are air vents on the left high wall on either side of a speaker. In front of the bulletin boards are cardboard boxes labeled in blue and packed with school supplies ready for moving. On the back wall a large whiteboard has replaced the original slate blackboards. A pull-down projection screen is above the whiteboard. On the right is an original wooden door with a glass window. A file cabinet and office equipment are just to the right of the door. The ceiling reveals lighting fixtures, exposed pipes and a truss support.
|Title||Iroquois Middle School - Second Floor Classroom|
|Current Address||1050 Iroquois Dr. SE|
|Architect||Henry H. Turner|
|Original Owner||Grand Rapids Public Schools|
|Original Use||Public school|
Title by Cataloger:
Iroquois Middle School closed in 2005. In December of 2008 it was purchased by the Grand Rapids Christian Schools. Whether the building will be remodeled and used as a consolidated elementary school or demolished has not been determined.
The building was demolished in 2009.