GRHC - 2008
The entrance to the boys gymnasium has hardwood floors surrounded by brick walls. A glass-covered display case is at the left, and a bulletin covered with graffiti is in the center. The orange metal railing in the foreground is a guard railing for stairs to the locker room. A double spigot water fountain is on the right wall. The fire-proof metal doors were added after the original construction. the door at the left leads to the gym.
|Title||Iroquois Middle School - Entrance to Boy's Gym|
|Current Address||1050 Iroquois Dr. SE|
|Architect||Henry H. Turner|
|Original Owner||Grand Rapids Public Schools|
|Original Use||Public school|
Title by Cataloger. The gymnasium was where Ottawa Hills High School basketfull games with other city teams were played.
Iroquois Middle School closed in 2005. In December of 2008 it was purchased by the Grand Rapids Christian Schools. Whether the building will be remodeled and used as a consolidated elementary school or demolished has not been determined.
The building was demolished in 2009.