GRHC - 2008
A long corridor is lined with alternating groups of blue, orange, green and red student lockers on the left. The opposing wall has yellow and rose colored lockers. There is a fire-alarm next to the double doors. A chair next to an open classroom door at the end of the hall.
|Title||Iroquois Middle School - Third Floor, South Hall|
|Current Address||1050 Iroquois Dr. SE|
|Architect||Henry H. Turner|
|Original Owner||Grand Rapids Public Schools|
|Original Use||Public school|
Title by Cataloger. The bar-lock double-doors on the left, the water fountain on the right, and the ceiling tile and lights are improvements made some years after the original construction. The school opened in 1925 as Ottawa Hills High School, and became Iroquois Middle School in 1957.
Iroquois Middle School closed in 2005. In December of 2008 it was purchased by the Grand Rapids Christian Schools. Whether the building will be remodeled and used as a consolidated elementary school or demolished has not been determined.
The building was demolished in 2009.