The partially demolished city hall and its clock tower viewed looking south with the Michigan Trust Building at the far left, and the McKay Tower is behind the the Waters Building at the far right. The clocks are gone from the tower and the beams show where the roof has been removed. Two cranes are on the left and several cars are in the parking lot.
|Title||Destruction of City Hall|
|Current Address||Lyon and Ottawa|
|Pre 1912 Address||Lyon and Ottawa|
|Architect||Elijah E. Myers|
|Contractor||W.D. Richardson, Springfield, IL|
|Original Owner||City of Grand Rapids|
|Original Use||City government|
|Information Source||History of the City of Grand Rapids by Albert Baxter|
Title by cataloger.
|Collection||GRPL Photo Coll. #54-10-25, Neg # 2372, Grand Rapids History & Special Collections, Archives|
Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image is available from Grand Rapids History & Special Collections, Archives, Grand Rapids Public Library, Grand Rapids, MI