Robinson Studio - 1954
The three-story Twamley Block stood at the corner of Lyon St. and Monroe Ave. Basch Jewelers occupied the corner and at the left are Doorns Shoes and the Cotton Shop. On Lyon St. there's a Sports Bar and at the far right a portion of the Keith Theater can be seen including the marquee showing that the film "Sabrina" is playing. Above the theater the clock tower of the city hall is visible. Several 1950s cars are on the street. The brick paving of Monroe is in the foreground.
|Current Address||200 Monroe NW|
Title by cataloger.
|Collection||Robinson Studio Coll., (#125),Grand Rapids History & Special Collections, Grand Rapids Public Library|
Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image is available from Grand Rapids History & Special Collections, Archives, Grand Rapids Public Library, Grand Rapids, MI