GRHC - 2007
The two-story tan brick home, built in 1860, is rectangular in shape with symmetrically placed windows with stone sills. The foundation is handset stone, and the windows at ground level indicate there is a basement. Below the roof stone corbels can be seen, and beneath them a geometric brick pattern runs around the house. A modern addition of a fire escape has been added at the rear of the house as well as an air conditioner which is visible at the upper right corner window. The tree on the right shows its yellow fall foliage. A modern plastic chair and portable grill are on the front porch.
|Title||Edward Feakins Home|
|Current Address||247 Burton St. SW|
|Original Owner||Edward Feakins|
|Original Use||Private home|
Title by cataloger. The home contains 100,000 bricks. Feakins was born in England in 1796 and came to the US in 1830. He died October 6, 1889.
|Collection||Grand Rapids Historical Commission|