An example of the type of street light used in the downtown business district at the turn of the century. The City Hall, a slate-roofed stone building was completed and dedicated in 1888. The front entrance seen in the photo was located on Lyon, but other entrances were on Ionia and Ottawa.
|Title||Street Light in Front of City Hall|
|Current Address||Lyon and Ottawa|
|Pre 1912 Address||Lyon and Ottawa|
|Architect||Elijah E. Myers|
|Contractor||W.D. Richardson, Springfield, IL|
|Original Owner||City of Grand Rapids|
|Original Use||City government|
|Information Source||History of the City of Grand Rapids by Albert Baxter|
Title by cataloger.
|Collection||Community Archives and Research Center (CARC),|
Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image is available from Community Archives and Research Center (CARC), Grand Rapids, MI