The theater, an Italianate-style building, can be accurately dated by the sign on the corner of the building announcing the grand opening on August 10th and the date of the film named on the marquee, "Within the Law" which was made in 1923. The ornate front has arched windows on the upper level with a balcony facade. The level above the overhanging marquee has more elaborate windows including an arched center window.
|Current Address||No longer exists|
|Architect||C. Howard Crane of Detroit MI|
|Contractor||Mastenbrook & Grove of Grand Rapids MI|
|Date Constructed||Completed 1923|
|Original Owner||Regent Theater Co., A.N. Albee, President|
|Original Use||Stage, vaudeville, and moving pictures|
|Information Source||Newspapers 1919-1923|
Title by Institution. Located at 133 Crescent NW, the theater closed in 1964 and was demolished during urban renewal.
|Collection||Photograph Coll., Grand Rapids History & Special Collections|
Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image is available from Grand Rapids History & Special Collections, Archives, Grand Rapids Public Library, Grand Rapids, MI