The opera house, a five story brick building, was located on Pearl St. near Canal St.(now Monroe). The verticle sign on the right of the photo identifies the theater, but the auditorium had several entrances which can be seen along the sidewalk to the left of the sign
|Title||Power's Opera House|
|Pre 1912 Address||Pearl St., Arcade Block|
|Original Owner||William T. Powers|
|Original Use||Opera House|
Title by Institution. A portion of the opera house later became the Midtown theater.
|Collection||Photograph Coll., Grand Rapids History & Special Collections|
Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image is available from Grand Rapids History & Special Collections, Archives, Grand Rapids Public Library, Grand Rapids, MI