This view of the Grand Rapids Savings Bank, now the People's Building, looks to the northeast. The multi-storied building towers over its older neighbors. The building at center left is the Phythian Temple, later renamed the Ashton Building, which no longer exists. At the far right is the corner of the Home State Bank Building; the window at the tops advertises a dentist and the one below the Netherlands Consulate. A streetcar travels west on Monroe Ave.(now Monroe Center) at the intersection of Ionia Ave.
|Title||Grand Rapids Savings Bank|
|Current Address||60 Monroe Center NW|
|Pre 1912 Address||NE corner Monroe and Ionia|
|Architect||Osgood & Osgood|
|Original Owner||Grand Rapids Savings Bank|
|Original Use||Bank and commercial space|
Title by institution. The building still stands, but is no longer occupied the the Grand Rapids Savings Bank.
|Collection||Coll. 54-41-2.1, History & Special Collections Dept.|
Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image is available from Grand Rapids History & Special Collections, Archives, Grand Rapids Public Library, Grand Rapids, MI