GRHC - 2009
Rows of newly installed lockers have been added to both sides of the third floor hall, looking from east to west. Ceiling and floor tiles are not yet in place. Stacks of building materials occupy a portion of the hall floor.
|Title||Construction of Cesar E. Chavez Elementary School, Interior|
|Current Address||703 Shamrock SW|
|Pre 1912 Address||Hall St. and Grandville Ave., SW corner|
|Architect||Kingscott Associates, Kalamazoo, MI|
|Contractor||Triangle Construction Co.|
|Original Owner||Grand Rapids Public Schools|
|Original Use||Public school|
Title by cataloger. Photo taken 3/17/2009
This building replaces the former Hall Elementary School, built in 1955-56, at the same location and is the third building on the site. The new building occupies the same position on the property as the original building, built in 1892.